HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth women’s lacrosse team dominated the first half, weathered a second-half comeback bid and pulled away from Ivy League foe Columbia at the end for a 12-9 win Saturday at Scully-Fahey Field.

The victory keeps the Big Green perfect all-time against the Lions, improving to 17-0 in the series dating back to 1998. Dartmouth also picked up its first Ivy win of the year, moving to 1-1, while 4-3 overall. Columbia dropped to 0-3 in conference play and 2-4 overall with the loss.

The first half belonged to the Green and White as they took a 5-1 lead into halftime with their opposition failing to find the back of the net until 4:30 remained on the scoreboard.

The main reason for the Lions’ lack of scoring in the opening stanza was due to the stellar play of senior goalkeeper Kristen Giovanniello, who made several point-blank saves. She finished the first half with eight and had 12 total in the contest to earn her fourth win of the season and the 38th of her career.

“I thought for the first 20 minutes, we played near-perfect lacrosse,” head coach Amy Patton said following her 350th career game on the Big Green’s sidelines. “We had a bit of a let-down in the final 10 minutes of the half, but Kristen (Giovanniello) was there to come up with some big saves.

“The biggest thing for us right now is we need to learn how to capitalize on critical moments of the game. The thing that seems to be the thorn in our side all season is the turnovers we make. But, unlike earlier in the season, I never sensed ay panic in the team after a mistake today, which is a positive step we have been able to make,” Patton continued.

Sophomore Jaclyn Leto tied her career highs in both goals and points as she scored four times and assisted on another. She previously had a four-goal, five-point effort in the 2013 NCAA Tournament First Round match-up with Boston College last May.

Lindsey Allard, Sarah Byrne and Ingrid Hermanson all had a pair of goals in the win as well with Liz Calby and Danielle Lisovicz netting one apiece.

Hermanson’s first of the day came just 49 seconds into the contest. Calby dished out her first of a team-high two assists on the opening tally. The two would connect again with 9:27 remaining in the second half for Hermanson’s second of the afternoon, which proved to be the game winner.

For Columbia, Taylor Quinn scored four times with Kate Murphy recording a trio of assists. Goalkeeper Colleen Packer had five saves in the losing effort.

Quinn’s final goal up the day cut the deficit to just one at 7-6 with the clock showing 18:28 in the second half, but that would be as close as Columbia would get with the Green pulling away in the end.

Dartmouth was strong in the midfield, holding a 14-9 advantage in draw controls and a 15-11 in ground balls.

The Big Green return to action Wednesday afternoon in Burlington as they take on regional rival Vermont at 3 p.m.