CAMBRIDGE, MASS. – The Dartmouth women’s tennis team wrapped up the 2013 season with a 6-1 loss to Harvard on Saturday in Ivy League action at the Breen Tennis Center.
The Big Green (8-10, 1-6 Ivy League) ended the year with a loss to the Crimson (13-6, 5-2 Ivy League) for the second straight season.
Harvard came charging out of the gates taking two of the three doubles matches to earn the first point of the match.
In singles action, the lone victor for the Big Green was Akiko Okuda. Okuda netted a come-from-behind victory against Amy He at No. 2. After dropping the first set, the sophomore took the next two score a point for Dartmouth.
Dartmouth 1, Harvard 6
1. Katherine Yau lost to Hideko Tachibana 6-2,6-2
2. Akiko Okuda defeated Amy He 4-6,6-3,6-4
3. Melissa Matsuoka lost to Kristen Norton 7-5,6-2
4. Sarah Bessen lost to Hai-Li Kong 6-4,6-0
5. Suzy Tan lost to Sylvia Li 7-5,7-5
6. Christina Danosi lost to Amanda Lin 6-1,6-2
1. Yau/Okuda lost to Tachibana/Lin 8-2
2. Matsuoka/Bessen lost to Norton/Li 8-4
3. Reichel/Keong vs. Morrill/Kong 5-7 DNF