HANOVER, N.H. — The Dartmouth women’s tennis team downed Boston University, the 22-time America East conference champions, 7-0 on Saturday at the Boss Tennis Center and Gordon Pavilion. The Big Green moved to 6-8 for the season, while the Terriers dropped to 5-9.
Dartmouth came out strong, sweeping the doubles point. The No. 3 team of sophomore Jeri Reichel (Hilton Head Island, S.C.) and freshman Theresa Smith (University Park, Fla.) were the first team off the court, followed by the No. 1 tandem of junior co-captain Sarah Leonard (Norwalk, Conn.) and freshman Akiko Okuda (Tenafly, N.J.). Sophomore Rachel Decker-Sadowski (Santa Barbara, Calif.) and freshman Janet Liu (Palo Alto, Calif.) completed the sweep with an 8-4 win at No. 2.
In singles, sophomore Sabrina Stewart (London, England) and Decker-Sadowski breezed through their matches at No. 5 and No. 6 respectively. Smith dropped just four games at No. 4, and Okuda also won in straight sets against Monika Mical. At the top spot, Leonard won in a third set super-breaker against Vivien Laszloffy, while Liu also won a third set super-breaker in her match at No. 3 with Jessi Linero.
The Big Green return to action at home on Friday, April 6, at 3 p.m. when they kick-off the Ivy League season against Columbia.
Dartmouth 7, Boston University 0
1. defeated Vivien Laszloffy: 6-3, 3-6, 10-6
2. defeated Monika Mical: 6-2, 6-4
3. defeated Jessi Linero: 3-6, 7-5, 10-6
4. defeated Amelia Martinez: 6-4, 6-0
5. defeated Kendal Drake: 6-2, 6-1
6. defeated Sophie Wyman: 6-2, 6-0
1. Okuda/Leonard defeated Lieb/Mical: 8-3
2. Liu/Decker-Sadowski defeated Laszloffy/Santini: 8-4
3. /Smith defeated Drake/Linero: 8-2