If you're interested in playing for Dartmouth Baseball, here's what you need to do...
Write a letter of interest to Coach Whalen (click here for contact info) which includes:
- Academic Information
- Class Rank
- Most Recent Transcript
- SAT II
- AP/Honor Classes and grades when available
- Baseball Information
- High school and summer baseball schedules
- Specific camps, tournaments, and showcases you will be attending along with contact information and dates.
- High school and summer coach's names and phone #'s
- Name of your high school and summer teams played for, with stats
- Professional scouts who have seen you play and phone #'s
- Send a video if available
Take the Aptitude Tests
- SAT or ACT
- SAT II's (two required; no preference as to which test you take)
Challenge yourself academically.
- Make sure that you are taking the highest level of courses your school offers (i.e. AP, IB, Honors, Advanced, etc.)
Continue to update the baseball office as your information changes.
Recruiting Information You Should Know...
- You become a "prospective student-athlete" when you start ninth grade classes.
- You may receive letters, e-mails, and any other form of written correspondence or printed recruiting materials from coaches on or after September 1 at the start of your junior year in high school. However, a coach may provide you with a general questionnaire, camp brochure and educational information published by the NCAA at any time. Telephone calls can be made with student-athletes once during the month of March in the junior year, and then only once per week after July 1 following the completion of your junior year in high school. Unlimited calls to you (or your parents or legal guardians) may be made under the following circumstances:
- During the five days immediately before your official visit
- On the day of the coach's off-campus contact with you
- The baseball office may accept calls from you (or your parents or legal guardians) at any time, regardless of your year in school. However, any member of the coaching staff cannot return calls to prospects who have not completed their junior year in high school. Also, the coaching staff cannot return a call to you if they have already called once during that calendar week. Remember that you can call them at any time, but even if you leave a message asking them to call you back, they may be restricted from returning the call.
|(Late Fee Required)
|Sept. 21, 2013
||Aug. 23, 2013
||Aug. 24-Sept. 6, 2013
|Oct. 26, 2013
||Sept. 27, 2013
||Sept. 28-Oct. 11, 2013
|Dec. 14, 2013
||Nov. 8, 2013
||Nov. 9-25, 2013
|Feb. 8, 2014*
||January 10, 2014
||Jan. 11-24, 2014
|April 12, 2014
||March 7, 2014
||March 8-21, 2014
|June 14, 2014
||May 9, 2014
||May 10-23, 2014
SAT and SAT Subject Tests
- For more information, to register or to find the next test date for the SAT I or II, please visit www.collegeboard.com
- For more information, to register or to find the next test date for the ACT, please visit www.act.org