2017 Ivy League Heptagonal
Outdoor Track & Field Championship
Cuyler Field & Dwyer Track | New Haven, Conn. | Yale (Host)
Saturday, May 6
Running events begin at 11 a.m., field events begin at 3:05 p.m.
Sunday, May 7
Running events begin at 10:30 a.m., field events begin at 11:45 a.m.
The Dartmouth men will join the seven other programs from across the conference this weekend at Yale all vying for the 2017 Ivy League Heptagonal Outdoor Track & Field Championship.
- Both days of the meet will be carried live on the Ivy League Digital Network for those who have a subscription to the conference's video streaming service. Bill Spaulding and Alex Vispoli will be on the
call Saturday, with Robert Johnson joining the broadcast on Sunday.
- Both days will also be simulcast on FloTrack's website.
- Those posting about the meet on social media are encouraged to join the conference's conversation using the hashtag #IvyHeps.
- Live updates on Twitter will come from @IvyLeague.
- Live, updating results are also available through Leone Timing HERE.
The Big Green claimed fifth last season at Princeton with 51 points. In fact, Dartmouth has finished fifth in each of the last three Outdoor Heps meets (2014, 2015, 2016).
RETURNING ALL-IVY LEAGUE
An individual must finish either first or second in their respective event to be considered an All-Ivy League performer. The Big Green men only had a pair of All-Ivy performers last season (both second team) with only Nico Robinson coming back after taking second in the decathlon.
IVY LEAGUE RECORDS
Several former Dartmouth student-athletes still hold event records for either the Ivy League or the annual outdoor championship meet:
- 5000m - Jim Sapienza in 1985: 13:30.79 (Ivy League)
- 10,000m - Tom McArdle in 2002: 28:18.21 (Ivy League)
- 3000m Steeplechase - Mike Fadil in 1985: 8:36.80 (Heps)
- Decathlon - Mustafa Abdur-Rahim in 2004: 7,937 points (Ivy League)
SATURDAY, MAY 6
1:30 p.m. Men's Hammer Throw Finals
3:00 p.m. Men's Long Jump Finals
3:00 p.m. Men's Pole Vault Finals
3:00 p.m. Men's Javelin Throw Finals
3:05 p.m. Men's 1,500m Run Trials
3:25 p.m. Men's 110m Hurdles Trials
3:35 p.m. Men's 400m Dash Trials
3:45 p.m. Men's 100m Dash Trials
3:55 p.m. Men's 800m Run Trials
4:10 p.m. Men's 400m Hurdles Trials
4:25 p.m. Men's 200m Dash Trials
5:00 p.m. Men's 10,000m Run Finals
11:00 a.m. 100m Dash
*TBD Long Jump
*TBD Shot Put
*TBD High Jump
*TBD 400m Run
SUNDAY, MAY 7
11:00 a.m. Men's High Jump Finals
12:30 p.m. Men's Discus Throw Finals
2:00 p.m. Men's Triple Jump Finals
2:00 p.m. Men's Shot Put Finals
11:45 a.m. Men's 3,000m Steeplechase Finals
12:30 p.m. Men's 4x100m Relay Finals
12:50 p.m. Men's 1,500m Run Finals
1:15 p.m. Men's 110m Hurdles Finals
1:35 p.m. Men's 400m Dash Finals
1:50 p.m. Men's 100m Dash Finals
2:05 p.m. Men's 800m Run Finals
2:25 p.m. Men's 400m Hurdles Final
2:40 p.m. Men's 200m Dash Finals
3:05 p.m. Men's 5,000m Run Finals
3:40 p.m. Men's 4x800m Relay Finals
4:00 p.m. Men's 4x400m Relay Finals
4:20 p.m. Awards Ceremony
10:30 a.m. 110m Hurdles
*TBD Pole Vault
*TBD 1,500m Run