CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Dartmouth women’s tennis won the ECAC Women’s Indoor Tennis Championship by defeating Columbia, 4-0, on the second day of the championship on a snowy Saturday at Harvard’s Murr Tennis Center. The Big Green remain undefeated with a record of 6-0, while the Lions fell to 2-5.
Brown defeated Harvard, 4-1, to finish in second place.
Wins at the No. 1 and 2 positions gave the first point of the day to Dartmouth. Senior Taylor Ng and junior Kristina Mathis had a 6-3 victory over Adi Milstein and Alexandra Solovyev at the top spot, while junior Julia Schroeder and freshman Racquel Lyn took down Rima Asatrian and Andrea Kevakian, 6-2, at No. 2.
Ng and Lyn added their second wins of the afternoon at the No. 1 and 5 positions, respectively, to get the Big Green within one point of victory. At No. 6, freshman Chuyang Guan defeated Milstein, 6-1, 7-5, to help Dartmouth sweep the match.
Next weekend, the Big Green will head to Virginia to take on William & Mary and VCU.
1) Ng/Mathis (Dartmouth) def. Milstein/Solovyev (Columbia), 6-3
2) Schroeder/Lyn (Dartmouth) def. Asatrian/Kevakian (Columbia), 6-2
3) Crawford/McCann (Dartmouth) vs. Pollack/Ren (Columbia), 5-2, DNF
Order of finish: 1,2,3
1) Ng (Dartmouth) def. Asatrian (Columbia), 6-1, 6-1
2) Crawford (Dartmouth) vs. Solovyev (Columbia), 4-6, 1-2, DNF
3) Mathis (Dartmouth) vs. Pollack (Columbia), 2-6, 6-2, 3-0, DNF
4) Schroeder (Dartmouth) vs. Kevakian (Columbia), 4-6, 6-2, 1-0, DNF
5) Lyn (Dartmouth) def. Ren (Columbia), 6-2, 6-1
6) Guan (Dartmouth) def. Milstein (Columbia), 6-1, 7-5
Order of finish: 1,5,6