HANOVER, N.H. - The No. 8 Dartmouth men's squash team defeated No. 10 Williams, 6-3, on Wednesday night at the Berry Center Squash Courts.
The win was the second straight for the Big Green over a top-10 foe as they improve to 7-6 on the season, while the Ephs lost their second straight road match, falling to 14-10.
Chris Hanson, Alexander Greer and Fletcher Pease each scored, 3-0, victories over their opponents at the No. 1, No. 4 and No. 8 spots, respectively. Pease has now won three consecutive matches for the Big Green, including two straight 3-0 triumphs.
After dropping the first game, Kyle Martino rallied to win his match, 3-2, against Jack Ervasti at the No. 5 spot.
Dartmouth returns to the courts on Feb. 8, when they hit the road to face Ivy League foe Yale. The match is set to begin at 12:00 p.m.
DARTMOUTH 6, WILLIAMS
1. Chris Hanson (D) def. Kevin Chen (W), 3-0/ 11-7, 11-2,11-7
2. Nick Marks (W) def. Robbie Maycock (D), 3-0/ 11-6,11-9,11-6
3. Taylor Foehl (W) def. Chris Jung (D), 3-1/ 8-11,11-7,11-7,11-4
4. Alexander Greer (D) def. Alexander Greaves-Tunnell (W), 3-0/ 11-6,11-3,11-5
5. Kyle Martino (D) def. Jack Ervasti (W), 3-2/ 8-11,11-9,11-7,9-11,15-13
6. Michael Petrick (W) def. Michael Mistras (D), 3-2/ 7-11,11-9,10-12,11-5,11-9
7. Alex Kurth (D) def. Ryan Eagan (W), 3-1/ 11-4,11-8,12-14,11-8
8. Fletcher Pease (D) def. Andrew Maruca (W), 3-0/ 11-3,11-4,11-39. Mark Funk (D) def. Addington Graham (W), 3-1/ 11-7,11-3,8-11,11-7