BLOOMINGTON, IND. - The Dartmouth men's tennis team hit the road for the first time this season, falling, 6-1, to Indiana at the IU Indoor Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon.
With the loss, the Big Green fall to 1-3, while the Hoosiers won their fourth straight to improve to 5-4.
The Green and White played the Hoosiers tough in doubles action, but were only able to register one point in the three matches. Cameron Ghorbani and Brendan Tannenbaum scored a 9-8 (8-6) victory for Dartmouth over Indiana's Josh MacTaggart and Daniel Bednarczyk at No. 2 doubles.
In singles action, Sam Todd was the lone member of the squad to win his match, topping Chris Essick, 7-6, 3-6, 7-5 at the No. 6 spot.
Dartmouth returns to action on Feb. 8 as it hosts Binghamton.
INDIANA 6, DARTMOUTH
1. Isade Juneau (I) def. Cameron Ghorbani (D), 6-3, 6-1
2. Sam Monette (I) def. Xander Centenari (D), 6-4, 6-2
3. Josh MacTaggart (I) def. Chris Kipouras (D), 6-3, 0-6, 6-3
4. Dimitrije Tasic (I) def. Erik Nordahl (D), 6-0, 6-4
5. Daniel Bednarczyk (I) def. Brandon DeBot (D), 6-0, 7-6
6. Sam Todd (D) def. Chris Essick (I), 7-6, 3-6, 7-5
1. Juneau/ Monette (I) def. Centenari/ DeBot (D), 8-6
2. Ghorbani/ Brendan Tannenbaum (D) def. MacTaggart/ Bednarczyk (I), 9-8 (8-6)
3. Essick/ Tasic (I) def. Alex de Chatellus/ Nordahl (D), 9-7