HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth men’s track & field team took on a trio of visiting teams Friday afternoon at Memorial Field in the lone home meet of the 2017 season.
The Big Green claimed first overall as a team with 205 points at this year’s Dartmouth Outdoor Classic.
Nine Dartmouth individuals finished atop their respective events to help the team to a runaway title.
1. Dartmouth – 205
2. UMass Lowell – 149
3. Vermont – 140.5
4. Hartford – 80.50
- Colin Minor (60.68m) and Timothy Brennan (58.92m) were the top-two performers in the hammer throw, picking up a combined 16 points in the event for the team.
- Corey Muggler was the winner in the long jump as his final attempt garnered a measurement of 7.12m. Jesse Scanlon was fourth with a 6.37m jump to pick up another five points.
- Max Cosculluela (4.80m) and Sam Siegal (4.10m) were first and third, respectively, in the pole vault.
- The javelin saw Cole Andrus (55.37m) take third and Parker Whims (55.17m) finish fourth in the standings.
- Alex Montague was third in the 1500m, crossing in 4:06.56.
- Parker Johnson (14.62) and Alex Frye (14.78) went one-two in their heat of the 110m hurdles and ended up taking the top two spots and 16 total points in the event.
- Frye was also second in the high jump, clearing the first two heights on one attempt, before stalling at 2.14m. He was credited with the 1.96m as his best.
- Keeping with the same theme of taking the top-two spots, Amos Cariati (48.98) and Phil Gomez (49.14) duplicated the same feat in the 400m.
- The one-two finish was also accomplished in the 800m with Michael Thurston (1:53.28) and Reed Horton (1:54.83) dominating the field.
- Hendric Tronsson (13.92m) won the triple jump as his third attempt held up as the best of the day. Cosculluela (12.70m) was third.
- Lucas Ribeiro (51.78m) was the winner of the discus on the infield of Memorial Field thanks to his first throw. Ethan Ruh (42.72m) was third.
- Ruh claimed victory in the shot put with a 15.47m, while Ribeiro was second (15.30m) and Brennan taking third (15.28m).
- Guy Green was the top Dartmouth runner in the 100m, claiming third in 11.16.
- Shawn Ohazuruike was third in the 400m hurdles in 55.52.
- Adam Couitt (22.31) and Green (22.68) were second and third, respectively, in the 200m to give the Green and White 13 points.