HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth men’s tennis team continued its dominant play at home at on Friday evening, shutting out East Tennessee State, 7-0, in non-conference action at the Boss Tennis Center and Gordon Pavilion.
The Big Green (4-1) remain a perfect 3-0 in the Upper Valley with the triumph, while the Buccaneers (1-5) dropped their fourth straight.
Dartmouth got off to a quick start, sweeping doubles action at home for the third time in 2014. The Big Green tandems of Cameron Ghorbani/Brendan Tannenbaum and Chris Kipouras/Diego Pedraza each won their matches, 6-1, at No. 1 and No. 3, respectively. Brandon DeBot and Dovydas Sakinis cruised to a 6-2 victory at No. 2.
In singles action, Sakinis, DeBot, Ghorbani and Pedraza all won their matches in straight sets. Kipouras netted a three-set come-from-behind victory at No. 2, while George Wall won his match in a third-set super tie breaker.
Dartmouth wraps up a home weekend of non-conference action tomorrow, Feb. 1, hosting Radford. Doubles action in the match with the Highlanders gets underway at 5 p.m.
Dartmouth College 7, East Tennessee State 0
1. Dovydas Sakinis (DAR) def. Diego Nunez (ETSU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Chris Kipouras (DAR) def. David Biosca (ETSU) 3-6, 6-3, 6-4
3. Brandon DeBot (DAR) def. Sebastian Yllera (ETSU) 6-5, 6-2
4. Cameron Ghorbani (DAR) def. Ismael Merino (ETSU) 6-1, 6-4
5. George Wall (DAR) def. Joao Gabriel da Silv (ETSU) 6-4, 5-6, 10-8
6. Diego Pedraza (DAR) def. Ricardo Pabon (ETSU) 6-2, 6-5
1. Cameron Ghorbani/Brenden Tannenbaum (DAR) def. Ismael Merino/Diego Nunez (ETSU) 6-1
2. Brandon DeBot/Dovydas Sakinas (DAR) def. Sebastian Yllera/David Biosca (ETSU) 6-2
3. Chris Kipouras/Diego Pedraza (DAR) def. Joao Gabriel da Silv/Ricardo Pabon (ETSU) 6-1
Match Notes: Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (1,6,4,3,2,5)