|High School:||St. Paul's School|
Was a three year letterwinner in rowing at the St. Paul's School. He also lettered in football freshman through sophomore year, and wrestling freshman year. Junior year his team placed third at the New England Championship. Junior and senior year he was awarded the Coaches Award in crew. Outside of athletics, Brendan is a member of Student Council, and also is a private pilot in flying school. At Dartmouth he is interested in studying engineering or medicine in hopes to pursue a career in medicine.
Brendan is the son of Howard and Carol Stoner.
1. Where are you from and whom did you row for prior to Dartmouth?
I am from Sudbury, MA, a suburb of Boston. I rowed for three years at St. Paul's School in Concord, NH prior to Dartmouth.
2. Why did you choose Dartmouth and the Dartmouth Rowing Program?
I chose Dartmouth because of the hard working and down to earth atmosphere. People here just seem happier. I chose the program because I think it is very intense but friendly at the same time.
3. What do you participate in at Dartmouth, apart from rowing?
4. Tell me something about yourself that might come as a surprise to your teammates.
I have been flying airplanes since I was 16 and it is my way of winding down and relaxing.
5. What is your best memory from rowing at Dartmouth so far?
6. What are your plans for the future?
I want to be a doctor with a gold medal from the Olympics on the wall of my office.