HANOVER, N.H. – It came down to the final race of the day, but the Dartmouth men’s indoor track & field team managed to win its home meet Saturday inside Leverone Field House.
A win in the 4x400m relay in the final event gave Dartmouth nine points to move ahead of Maine for the top spot in the team standings, 130-128. Vermont finished third with 103 points with Brown taking fourth with 97.
• The final of the 60m hurdles was dominated by the Big Green as the top five finishers all were from the home team. Alec Eschholz was the winner in 8.27 with Shawn Ohazuruike (2nd, 8.35), Parker Johnson (3rd, 8.38), Max Frye (4th, 8.44) and Matthew Sindelar (5th, 8.64) rounding out the top-five.
• The relay team of Johnson, Eschholz, Frye and Amos Cariati ran a 3:20.72 to edge out the field and claim the nine points that put them over the top to win the meet.
• Freshman Donovan Spearman won the 60m in a personal best 6.82, the second-fastest time in program history.
• Ethan Ruh was the winner of the shot put with a 15.42m toss.
• The 200m saw Dartmouth take spots two through six. Leading the way for the Green and White were freshman Mattieu Freeman (2nd, 22.77) and senior Adam Couitt (22.79).