HANOVER, N.H. – The 49th Dartmouth Relays inside Leverone Field House came and went this weekend.
Unfortunately for the Dartmouth men’s indoor track & field team, it saw its dominating stretch of sixth straight team wins snapped as Northeastern came away from the Big Green’s premier home meet as champions.
The Huskies finished with 129 points to Dartmouth’s 88.50.
• Reed Horton and Nick Feffer combined to give Dartmouth 16 points in the mile. Horton won the event in 4:15.02, while Feffer was third in 4:20.77.
• Trevor Colby was a winner in the 800m, besting the field with a 1:56.98. His time was just 14-hundredths of a second better than the second-place runner from Northeastern. Tim Zepf was fourth in the 800m, finishing in 1:59.05.
• The Big Green dominated the field in the 3000m with Henry Raymond winning in 8:27.20 to lead the way. Sean Laverty (3rd, 8:29.65), Will Shafer (4th, 8:29.94) and Marco Pompilj (5th, 8:39.29) followed soon thereafter and combined for 12 points.
• The 60m final saw freshman Donovan Spearman claim fourth in a tightly contested field. Spearman ran a 6.85, just fourth-hundredths of a second back of the winner. He was the top runner in prelims, posting a 6.88 to punch his ticket to the final.
• Spearman’s time in the final was also the second fastest ever run by a Dartmouth’ sprinter in the event and the top time ever posted by a freshman all-time.
• Amos Cariati claimed third in the 400m, crossing the finish line in 50.61.
• In the final of the 60m hurdles, Parker Johnson was third in 8.26, while Alec Eschholz was fifth, crossing in 8.34.
• The Dartmouth 4x400m relay team was second in 3:21.25, adding eight points to the team score.
• Ben Ose was the top pole vaulter for the Green and White, posting a fourth-place finish thanks to clearing 4.40m in his first attempt at the height. Corbin Mayes was sixth and shared a point with unattached Josh Cyphers, a Dartmouth alum.
• Colin Minor’s toss of 17.45m on his fifth attempt was good for fourth in the weight throw, adding four points to the team total.