ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Saturday evening the No. 10 Dartmouth women’s squash team took down No. 12 George Washington, 7-2, to start the 2017-18 season.
In the first round of matches, co-captain Rebecca Brownell had a very strong start, winning the first two games handily. She lost the third game, but she eventually managed to clinch the match in the fourth game, 11-9. Freshman Brynn Bank, Ellie Gozigian and Sandra Reiss, as well as sophomores Julia Potter and Julia Herman, also all won their matches in four games.
The Big Green will continue weekend atcion at No. 18 Franklin and Marshall in Lancaster, Pennsylvania on Sunday afternoon.
- Zoe Food Yuk Han def. Anne Blasberg (D) 11-5, 11-8, 11-6
- Sandra Reiss (D) def. Mary Jo Mahfood4-11, 11-9, 11-8, 11-7
- Rebecca Brownell (D) def. Abby Shonrock11-4, 11-4, 9-11, 11-9
- Brynn Bank (D) def. Emma Tryon 11-6, 11-9, 11-7
- Julia Potter (D) def. Zuha Nazir 11-6, 11-6, 8-11, 11-9
- Engy Elmandouh def. Janel Gaube (D) 11-6, 12-14, 11-4, 11-9
- Emma Roberts (D) def. Vedika Arunachalam 11-8, 11-6, 11-6
- Zainab Molani (D) def. Brooke Feldman 11-3, 11-0, 11-8
- Ellie Gozigian (D) def. Ginger Sands 7-11, 11-4, 12-10, 11-2
- Julia Herman (D) def. Haley Hunt 13-11, 11-5, 12-10